Ingredients and Themes

almond (1) apircot (1) appetizer (1) apples (1) beans (2) bread (1) breakfast (2) chili (1) chipolte (1) chocolate (1) christmas (2) cookies (1) corn (3) cornbread (1) cornmeal (1) dessert (3) dinner (5) drinks (1) Fish (1) hamburger (1) peanut butter (1) peppers (3) Pizza (1) rice (1) side dish (2) squash (1) sweet potato (1) tomato (1)

Monday, July 4, 2011

Caribbean Curry



This is a dish that we came to love while we lived in PB. It’s a vegan dish and very cheap, easy and delicious! I’ve never been able to find an actual recipe for it so I’ve always just winged from what it tastes like. I’ve looked online for similar recipes but again I have not been able to find one like it. So I hope you think its good. It’s best over white or brown rice and served.

1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon curry powder
½ teaspoon turmeric
½ teaspoon red chili flakes
1 tablespoon canola oil
½ medium onion diced
1 clove garlic chopped
1/2 14 ounce can chopped tomatoes
½ 8 ounce can of tomato sauce
1 14 ounce can black beans
1 cup corn, either frozen or cut off the cob
1 small can of pineapple chunks in juice

1)    Toast the spices on medium heat, stirring lightly so that they don’t burn for about 2-3 minutes. Add the oil and let the oil heat up before you add the onion and garlic. Sauté for 5 minutes until the onions are cooked through.
2)    Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for 10-15 minutes stirring often.
3)    Serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment